05. October 2021
CLARA: The new high-performance sound card series is about to be released.
Inspired and named after the Leipzig pianist and composer Clara Wiek (later Schumann, married to Robert Schumann), the new series of soundsystems surprises with many technical improvements that not only convince on the data sheet but also flatter the ears. Here are some key points:
- Doubled PCIe transfer speed.
- Significantly more precise digital imaging and reproduction of audio material. High-end AD/DA converters by ESS.
- Samplerates of up to 384 kHz and for analog systems a resolution of up to 32 Bit AD/DA.
- Better than some external clock generators with a clock jitter of less than one nanosecond, which makes the use of additional hardware for clock generation unnecessary. The clock signal can be distributed to the entire digital setup via the MWX2’s word clock/superclock output or any digital output of the sound card.
- If several MARIAN products are used in a system (up to 8! – even different models), then these cards can now exchange up to 32 audio channels with each other – virtually latency-free on the hardware level. For example, input channels of one card can be used in the mix of another card.